22.6.08

The First Post Is Now

Kate (& Dusty, I hope):

Well, here it is. A harebrained idea from a few months back, The Singularity Is Now is online and ready to take on a life of its own. Kate, you've assured me that epistolary blogs are few and far between. I hope this is the case, because I think this style is not only going to make the blog more interesting to read, but also offer the most possibilities for exploring the topics we post about in a connected, conversational way. It's going to take deep connections to put together the pieces of the singularity puzzle and I think that the two (or three!) of us are up to the task.

But it's not all so serious of course. We should look at this as a chance to post things that are just gob smackingly nifty. And comics. Like Dresden Codak...I mean, it's all the man talks about! So, if you find anything that's just spectacularly cool, post it up. The popular media surrounding our present - on the verge of major change - is just as telling of our progress as articles about technical advancements. Maybe even more so?

I'm really excited to get started (as if you couldn't tell from my multitude of exclamation points.) So, "Hello, world!" and welcome to the birth of the singularity!

- N

No comments: