23.6.08

A Better Topic Could Not Have Been Made

Right before I registered the blog, I found this awesome special report on the singularity by IEEE Spectrum.  I mean, really, could a better feature have been created for kicking off our blog about the singularity?  I don't think so...no, not at all.

Here's the link (Kate, I know you've looked at some of this already, of course):  


The gang's all here, so to speak.  Kurzweil, Lanier, Vinge, Minsky.  (Where are the women of the singularity, I ask you?)  Check out the helpful PDF chart to find out which researchers are looking into which topics.  Read about predictions for the actual date of change, watch video interviews with luminaries from all over the map.  Spectrum really hits this survey course in singularity studies out of the park.  

I personally thought that Vernor Vinge's video clip was the most intriguing, but I'm curious what you both think.  

Yours,

- N

No comments: